Another journal entry that was written on Saturday, June 15th:
Saturday morning I met up with an LTGroup that consisted of: Megan, Emillia, and Areli. They read and discussed Marcos 1:1-15. There were some shared concern about a new convert named..let's call her Nadine as she does not seem as connected like she used to be. Emilia shared some things that were frustrating her which, led her to tears. Areli offered words of encouragement, actually it seemed as if Areli was really speaking some profound words from her heart to Emilia's heart. During this exchange Megan consoled Emilia (by rubbing her back) but listened intently while the two ladies had a discussion. I guessed that the reason Megan remained quiet was because Megan wants to get the Peruvian members to be able to run meetings and bible studies when she is not there.
I did not know exactly what was exchanged between Emilia and Areli at the time however the vibe I felt and the non-verbal as well as verbal inclinations that I was able to observe seemed very straight forward and vulnerable. From what I gathered it seemed as if Emilia had some questions that are being left unanswered, and that it may be causing feelings of loneliness. As we sat in the cafe, I thought how wonderful it was to see women gather together in a public space and have enough trust and comfort to share their hearts with one another. How refreshing!!!! It is a pattern that keeps coming up while I am here. Also who gets up on a Saturday morning to intentionally share their lives with one another? And if you know them in the United states let me know. As I sat there listening to Emilia, I yearned to understand all that she was saying so that I can communicate with her, encourage her and share our lives together. After that particular discussion, Megan and Areli prayed over Emilia and Nadine.
After the prayer they were about to go into the study of a Purpose Driven Life in Espanol, but Megan remembered a scripture she wanted to share with the group. From what I gathered Megan shared that some Christians believe they will and should only receive the good things not realizing that becoming a Christian does not mean that there will be no stress or problems but it's by living a Christian life that those problems will produce good fruits later. They read 2 Corinthians 1:9-11 and Mark 10:28-31 which refers to going through tough times so that we learn to not rely on our selves but on God; and how the disciples sacrificed ALL for Christ. Megan reminded the ladies that the perception of Christianity today is not right (I agree, it seems that some Christian do not know what it means to be a Christian and that there are people in the world that do not understand what real Christianity is about).
After that part of the conversation was over, Megan invited that ladies to a pajama party which they were really excited about and then we talked about the interns experience when they went dancing.
Random side note: I realize I understand Spanish better when people are speaking to one another and not directly to me. I do not know what that is about.
As Megan and I walked back to her house, I asked her if what I thought I comprehended was correct and she generally said I got the gist of it. She then began speaking of her time with the members of the church and I was able to see her heart and passion for what she is doing. Her idea of mission work, correct me if I am wrong Megan, is something that should be integrated in life and that all people are called to be missionaries (based on one's definition of being a missionary).
Due to me filling in the rest in my journal two weeks later I forgot the rest of what I thought and experienced. However to get a better understanding of Megan you should check out her blog: gregandmeg@blogspot.com If this is wrong I will provide a correct one.
No comments:
Post a Comment